Online lectures can be viewed on a number of internet browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome), although it may be necessary to update to a recent version of the browser and to download and/or update your flash player. Lecture slides are synchronized with the video/audio and are delivered as a streaming file. Vodcasts and podcasts are also available. Lectures can be navigated through thumbnails of the slides that will jump you to different points in the lecture.
Since you will be conducting your coursework online, including watching lectures and submitting assignments, we recommend that you have a good quality computer and a reliable Internet connection. A fast, reliable Internet connection makes it easier to participate in the class. A broadband connection is highly recommended.
- Internet Connection (broadband is highly recommended).
- "Fast" (any PC 4 years old or newer) computer, speakers, sound card.
- Windows OS, Mac, or Linux systems are all compatible with course delivery system.
- Web browser (IE6+, Mozilla, Firefox).
- News reader (such as Outlook Express).
- Lecture Media is distributed as Flash video and MP3 files. The Flash player is required to view lecture content. See the online course video samples for more details.