CEE Graduate Application Information
FAQs for CEE Graduate Applications
CEE Graduate Application Deadlines
Prospective students should have their application and all support documents, including GRE and TOEFL scores, submitted by the dates below:
We are accepting applications for the Spring 2015 term. Applicants who want funding consideration should submit their application and all of the required support documents including GRE and TOEFL scores by: September 1, 2014. The application for international applicants closes October 1, 2014. The application for domestic applicants and for the online program closes November 1, 2014. Applications should be complete by these deadlines.
We will begin accepting applications in August 2014 for the Fall 2015 term. Applicants who want funding consideration should submit their application and all of the required support documents including GRE and TOEFL scores by: January 1, 2015. The application for international applicants closes February 15, 2015. The application for domestic applicants and for the online program closes June 1, 2015. Applications should be complete by these deadlines.
Please use the University's online graduate application. Please read the application instructions. A checklist is provided to help you assemble the information and support material you will need when completing the application. A nonrefundable application processing fee is required with the submission of your application. This fee cannot be waived. The application fee for domestic applicants is $70; for international applicants, the fee is $90.
- Complete the online graduate application.
- In the Educational History section of the application, you will be asked to upload scanned versions of your transcripts and certificates of degree or diplomas. Please view your transcripts after the upload to be sure they are legible. Your transcript must show the name of the university and your name. Please do NOT mail a copy of the credentials which you have uploaded to your online application.
- In the Statements section of the application, please upload your resume and statement of purpose. The statement of purpose should be 1-2 pages, single spaced, 12 pt. font. CEE does NOT have a program-specific question.
- CEE requires three letters of recommendation. Please submit your letters online. Instructions are included on the application.
- CEE requires official scores from ETS for the general GRE.
- The TOEFL is required of applicants whose native language is not English, regardless of U.S. citizenship. We will also accept IELTS scores. For more information, please check English proficiency requirements.
- You must ask ETS to send official score reports to institution code 1836. For the GRE, the department code is 1102 or 1103. For the TOEFL, the department code is 00.
- Only applicants who have a master's degree should apply for the CEE doctoral program. If you are admitted and complete the master's program, you can be considered for a doctoral degree by completing the requirements for your area of CEE. Be sure to indicate on your application that you are interested in continuing for the doctoral degree.
- CEE does not require evidence of financial resources at the time you submit your application. If you are approved for admission, but a funding offer is not made to you,you will then be asked to upload evidence of financial resources.
- Enter your specialty area(s) within CEE in "Other Specialization" on the application. Further information about specialty areas and curriculum codes are available on the CEE Programs of Study and Specialization page.
- Please do NOT mail or fax a copy of credentials which you have uploaded to your online application. This saves you the time, effort, and the expense of mailing transcripts to us during the initial processing and review of your application.
- Please do not send additional materials (e.g. publications, photographs, videos, CDs, or portfolios). These items are not reviewed during the admission process. They will be discarded.