Building and Facilities
The hub of CEE at Illinois is located in the following buildings, with additional research facilities located off-campus.
The Newmark Civil Engineering Laboratory was built in 1969 and is home to the main CEE administrative office, faculty and grad student offices, conference rooms, several laboratories and a large, central crane bay.
The M.T. Geoffrey Yeh Center was added on to the east side of Newmark Lab and provides additional classrooms and conference rooms, as well as large, open collaboration spaces for students.
The Civil and Environmental Engineering Building includes classrooms, labs, faculty and grad student offices, and several collaboration spaces. An instrumented pedestrian bridge connects the building with the Yeh Center.
General building information:
Classrooms and teaching labs
- 1st floor: 1310, 1311
- 2nd floor: 2310, 2311, 2312
- 3rd floor: 3310, 3350
Civil and Environmental Engineering Building:
- Basement: 0012 teaching lab
- 1st floor: 1015 teaching lab, 1017 classroom
- 2nd floor: 2015 classroom
- 3rd floor: 3017 teaching lab, 3019 classroom
Newmark Civil Engineering Laboratory:
- Basement: B226 (asphalt lab)
- 1st floor: 1220 (concrete lab), 1225 (classroom)
- 4th floor: environmental lab
Gender-neutral bathrooms: 1236 A & B Newmark
SR2 lab connected toilets: in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Building, a waterless urinal in the men's 1st floor bathroom and a no-mix toilet in the women's 1st floor bathroom are connected to the SR2 lab, providing source-separated human waste streams for research.
The main administrative area is located through the glass doors just off the lobby of Newmark Lab. The Business Offices are located in the basement and the main administrative office area. Find specific staff members:
Administrative offices for areas of study/research are as follows:
- 3120 Digital Computing Laboratory: Water Resources Engineering and Science
- 1208 Newmark: Transportation, Sustainable & Resilient Infrastructure Systems
- 2129 Newmark: Construction Engineering & Management, Construction Materials
- 2230 Newmark: Geotechnical
- 3129 Newmark: Structures, Societal Risk & Hazard Mitigation
- 3230 Newmark: Environmental Engineering & Science, Energy-Water-Environment Sustainability
Faculty and Staff Directory
An online campus map, which includes ADA Accessibility Maps, is available at map.illinois.edu/view
Learn about the extensive and unique research facilities on and off campus that support CEE's groundbreaking research and innovative curriculum: