We’re Hiring Career Peers!
Engineering Career Services is excited to announce that we will be expanding our services through a new student paraprofessional program for the 2019-2020 academic year! Our Career Peers will receive extensive training to work with students in ECS through one-on-one drop-in appointments to provide resume reviews, cover letter reviews, interview preparation, and additional career resources. The Career Peers will also hold presentations for RSOs and other organizations. The full job posting is attached.
Students can apply on Handshake @ Illinois https://illinois.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2441889. The deadline to apply is March 13th, 2019.
To learn more, students can attend a brief info session on the following dates in 2240 DCL:
Feb. 28th 4 pm
Feb. 28th 4:30 pm
March 1st 12 pm
March 1st 12:30 pm
Benefits of being an ECS Career Peer include:
• Compensation: This is a $10.00 per hour paid position. Lead CPs earn $11.00 per hour.
• Increased Personal Career Readiness: Everything you learn and share with students also benefits you!
• Build Your Professional Network: Collaborate with student organizations, campus partners, and employers.
• Hard & Soft Skill Development: Grow and sharpen skills and knowledge in the areas of leadership, consulting, communication, collaboration, public speaking, writing, and more.
• Professional Development: Supported by your supervisor and enhanced by the resources of ECS.
Questions can be directed to: Kristina Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org.