The Civil and Environmental Engineering Alumni Association annually presents awards to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of CEE alumni.
To nominate, please fill out and submit the appropriate form listed below. Deadline for 2018 Nominations: August 1, 2017
Nominations that are submitted after the deadline will be considered for the 2018 awards. Nominations are kept on file for three years and will be considered for each of those years; no additional action is needed after the initial submission.
- CEEAA Distinguished Alumnus/Alumna Award Nomination Form
- CEEAA Young Alumnus/Alumna Achievement Award Nomination Form
- Rules for Distinguished Alumnus/Alumnua and Young Alumnus/Alumna Achievement Awards
Previous Alumni Award Winners
- For an alphabetical list of previous winners, click here.
- For a chronological list of previous winners (includes bios and photos), click here.
Distinguished Faculty Award
The CEE Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award is an award designed to recognize our most accomplished faculty who have made outstanding contributions to the department, to the education of our students, and to the pursuit of knowledge and the betterment of society through research.
Professor Emeritus William J. Hall (biography)
For excellence in instruction and research during nearly four decades on the faculty of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign; for leadership in the field as Head of CEE at Illinois and as a respected structural engineering researcher, practitioner and consultant in earthquake engineering and the design of military structures; and for lifelong service and generosity to the University as a loyal CEE alumnus.