The Smart Structures Technology Laboratory (SSTL) is looking for an hourly research assistant to help with image annotation for research towards automated image-based inspection of civil infrastructure. The research assistant will be expected to annotate a few dozen images per week by precisely painting over or highlighting with input tools (similar to MS paint or Photoshop) regions in the image that correspond to certain structural defects or structural components using software tools developed by SSTL researchers. The research assistant will be acknowledged in published research articles and online.
· Engineering major
· GPA of 3.5 or higher
· This position requires the student to have access to a windiws computer with admin access (i.e., the ability to install applications on it)
· Excessive amount of patience and meticulous attention to detail
· The work may be done remotely after initial training
· Any programming experience a plus (although not necessary)
· Preference will be given to Civil Engineering majors interested in research at SSTL long term
To apply, please fill out the following form:https://goo.gl/forms/6b1KOihDYZQmPSz63
For any questions, email Vedhus Hoskere (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject line "UG Research Assistant"