Scholarships and Awards
CEE Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering awards thousands of dollars in scholarships, fellowships and awards each year. These awards have been established through the generous donations of alumni, private individuals, and industrial sources. One application is used for all awards and scholarships.
- Newly admitted students are automatically considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible. Moving forward, students apply for CEE scholarships on an annual basis.
- Enrolled students may obtain the online application form for scholarships and awards from the Academic Advisor in December. Applications can also be found on the undergraduate web blog. The deadline for submission of applications is at the beginning of the spring semester.
- Graduate fellowships are awarded by the Associate Head for Graduate Affairs based on nominations made by the Graduate Committee, and are not open to applications.
Additional scholarships, fellowships and financial aid are available through the College and campus:
CEE Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards
CEE Graduate Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards
- Charles E. DeLeuw Travel Award
- Loreta and Silvio Corsetti Memorial Fellowship
- Ravindar K. and Kavita Kinra Fellowship
Non-CEE Undergraduate Scholarships
Financial aid for undergraduate students is available from many sources. Coordination of the allocation of these funds is, in general, the responsibility of the Office of Student Financial Aid (Student Services Arcade Building, 620 E. John, 333-0100). Students who wish to be considered for any of the college scholarships must file the usual application for financial aid through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The applicants need not stipulate specific scholarships in their applications. Visit: Office of Student Financial Aid
Freshman Engineering Scholarships
Applying to Grainger Engineering at Illinois makes you automatically eligible for all of our merit-based scholarships. Scholarship decisions are based on your application for admission. No other information is needed. Visit: Freshman Engineering Scholarships - Engineering at Illinois.
Scholarships for Continuing Students
Students in an engineering program with at least one semester of grades received in engineering at the University of Illinois are encouraged to apply. (Note: Students who have no GPA from Illinois or who are not pursuing an engineering undergraduate degree do not qualify). Review the list of scholarships and start your application at: Scholarships for Continuing Students - Engineering at Illinois
Campus awards are another option for students. Learn more about campus awards at: Campus Opportunities & Programs.
The Grainger College of Engineering has assembled some of the most frequently asked questions about scholarships and awards at: Scholarship FAQs.