Undergraduate Application Process:
At Grainger Engineering, you apply directly to your engineering major of interest. This means you can immediately begin to deepen your connection to the CEE department, and explore research opportunities and extracurricular activities related to your academic goals.
All applications are submitted through the University of Illinois Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
If you have already applied, your application status can be accessed at any time through the admissions portal.
If you have been admitted to CEE at Illinois, you can accept your offer, manage your admitted student checklist, and complete your enrollment requirements.
- Explore CEE at Illinois to learn more about civil and environmental engineering and what makes our program one of the best in the nation.
- Visit Grainger website to review all application requirements and learn what factors are considered.
- Complete the online application through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- The university sends out communication via email. Carefully read all emails sent from the department, college and university to ensure no additional forms must be completed after you submit the application.
- Next steps: once your application has been submitted, you can check your application status at any time. If you are admitted, accept your offer and become part of the CEE family!
Scholarships & Aid
Learn more about undergraduate tuition, scholarships and financial aid.
Frequently Asked Questions
See answers to commonly asked questions about admission to Grainger Engineering.
Transfer to CEE
Interested in transferring to CEE? See the FAQs for transfer students.
Read an overview of CEE and learn about the program objectives.
Undergraduates have many opportunities to participate in hands-on research.
See what a typical 4-year schedule for CEE students looks like.
Make new friends and learn something new at the same time!
Plan Your Visit
One of the best ways to decide if Grainger Engineering is right for you is to visit!
Start the application process at the Office of Admissions website