Simple Entry Program for CEE
CEE undergraduates in their final year of study at UIUC may use the Simple Entry Program to apply to a CEE Master’s Degree (Non-Thesis) program. These students are not required to take the GRE or submit three references to apply.
- Minimum 3.5 GPA, cumulative for all UIUC courses, if applying to Structural Engineering.
- Minimum total cumulative GPA of 3.0 at UIUC and a Minimum 3.3 GPA, calculated beginning with junior year (3rd year) forward if applying to all other areas.
- Students must enter M.S. program within a year following their graduation of their undergraduate program. If one year or more has passed since the student has graduated, the student will need to apply using the standard application process.
- You may confirm eligibility if needed by emailing the CEE Graduate Admissions Office.
The following application materials must be submitted by the student for Simple Entry consideration:
- Online Application
- Unofficial Transcript (you may use a copy of your academic history from your student account)
- Statement of Purpose
- Current Resume
- Passport (international students only)
- Evidence of Financial Resources (international students only)
To be considered for a Research Assistantship or a Fellowship, the student must complete a full application including recommendation letters and GRE scores. Teaching Assistants are assigned by individual faculty members and the student must meet English proficiency requirements to qualify.
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an account and begin your Online Application.
- In the field for “Other Specializations, enter “Simple Entry”.
- Leave the GRE and reference sections blank. If you need to enter a name in order to continue to the next page, use your own name.
- Upload a copy of your Academic History from your student account after Fall grades are posted if applying for next fall or after Spring grades are posted if applying to the Spring term.
- Upload your personal statement, resume, passport (if international), and funding documentation (if international).
- Email the CEE Graduate admissions office at CEE Graduate Admissions Office to let us know your application has been submitted. We will then begin your application review.
Final admission decisions rest with the Graduate College Admissions Office and require the completion of any academic degrees that were incomplete at the time of your application and maintaining a satisfactory GPA.
Questions about the program may be directed to Mindy Calcagno, CEE Graduate Admissions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All international applicants requiring visa eligibility documents (I-20 or DS-2019) are required to demonstrate that they have adequate financial resources to cover the cost of their education while in the United States. Financial documentation is required as part of the application process for visa eligibility documents (I-20 or DS-2019) to the U.S. to be issued. International applicants should upload the documentation directly to the online application using the Declaration and Certification of Finances Form. This form includes the amount of funding required and the type of documentation required.
CEE does not require evidence of financial resources at the time of application; however, students who upload their documentation during the application process generally receive their I-20 approximately three weeks sooner than those who wait until admission.
Email us at email@example.com