CEE STEMbassadors Program
The STEMbassadors program engages CEE student volunteers to do science and math tutoring/mentoring to support students from public schools in the Champaign-Urbana area. The goal is to provide these local students with guidance and inspiration in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Through this program and by sharing their expertise and passion, CEE students can help ignite their curiosity and cultivate a deeper interest in these subjects. Undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to join STEMbassadors!
- Make a Difference: Your efforts can directly impact young students' academic journeys and future career paths.
- Enhance your skills: Sharpen your communication, teaching and leadership skills.
- Network: Connect with fellow graduate students who share your interest in STEM education.
- Find Personal Fulfillment: Experience the satisfaction of being a mentor and watching students thrive under your guidance.
Student Volunteer's Role
As a volunteer tutor/mentor, you will have the opportunity to:
- Assist students with homework, assignments and projects related to science and math
- Share your knowledge and experiences in STEM fields
- Foster a supportive and encouraging learning environment
- Inspire students to explore and pursue STEM subjects
We understand that your academic commitments are a priority. The time commitment for this program is flexible and can be tailored to your availability. Whether you can spare a few hours a week or dedicate more time, your contribution will be invaluable.
How to Get Involved
If you're interested in volunteering for this rewarding program, please email Dr. Maryam Ghadiri, email@example.com. She will then schedule a brief orientation session to provide more details and answer any questions you might have.
Your commitment to this initiative will help shape the future of aspiring young minds in our community.