Apply for the Board of Directors
The mission of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Civil and Environmental Engineering Alumni Association is to support the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (Department) faculty, staff, students, and alumni and to inspire lifelong loyalty and pride among alumni and friends by developing and enhancing their continued relationship with the Department. To fulfill its mission, the Association has a Board of Directors to provide advice and counsel to the Department, to recognize distinguished alumni, to foster collegial alumni relations and alumni support of the Department, to mentor students and facilitate their entry into the civil and environmental engineering profession, to represent the Department’s activities conducted by the Alumni Association, and to support the Department’s public outreach activities.
To be considered for a CEEAA board member position, please click here to download an application form:
- The application process will be a rolling, continuous process. The announcement of open Board of Directors (Board) positions and the application process will be published in the UIUC CEE Alumni Association magazine, on the website, in the e-newsletter and on social media.
- Applications received by January 15 of the even numbered years will be considered for a Board position. Those applications received after January 15 of the even numbered years will be rolled over for future consideration.
- The applications received prior to January 15 of the even numbered years will be vetted by the Award/Nominating Committee, with input from the Department.
- The Award/Nominating Committee recommends the slate of Board position nominees to the full Board of Directors during the UIUC CEEAA Spring meeting.
- After the Spring UIUC CEEAA Board meeting, the Award/Nominating Committee Chairperson notifies the potential Board members of their selection and confirms their continued interest.
- The slate of nominated future Board members is announced in the Spring/Summer UIUC CEE Alumni Association magazine, on the website, in the e-newsletter and on social media.
- Newly-elected Board members begin their terms at the UIUC CEEAA fall meeting.
Alumni & Corporate Relations Contact
The CEE Office of Advancement is here to serve CEE at Illinois alumni and friends. We welcome your input and look forward to hearing from you!
For Corporate relations, e-mail is the most reliable contact method and will result in the quickest response.