Young Engineers Division
About the Young Engineers Division
The Young Engineers Division (“YED”) of the Civil and Environmental Engineering Alumni Association (“CEEAA”) is open to all alumni age 35 and under who have earned a B.S., M.S. and/or Ph.D. from CEE at Illinois. The objectives of the CEEAA YED are to:
- Establish an ongoing relationship between the Alumni Association, the department and recent graduates.
- Provide networking opportunities.
- Assist in providing insight and assistance for certification and professional development.
- Raise funds for scholarships.
YED Members may elect to serve on a committee and take an active role in meeting the above objectives.
The YED is open to all CEE at Illinois alumni under the age of 35. To become a member and/or to serve on a YED committee, email the contact below.
All young CEE alumni – whether a member of the YED or not – may opt-in to the YED listserv to stay informed. Visit the link below and click the “Subscribe” link on the left.
To apply for a YED Leadership role, fill out and return the application form. Leaders are selected every two years. Applications will be kept on file until the next selection cycle.
View the current leadership of the Young Engineers Division. Leaders are selected every two years. To apply for a leadership role, fill out and return the application form above.
The YED Scholarship was established to provide a way for young alumni to philanthropically support current students through a dedicated YED scholarship fund.
Gifts to the YED scholarship fund may be made in the form of both one-time and recurring payments (for example, a $60 gift to the fund could be made by either giving that amount up front or making payments of $5/month over a period of one year). Even small gifts to the fund will add up to make a big difference in the lives of current CEE at Illinois students.
To make a gift to the YED scholarship fund:
- Go to: http://giving.illinois.edu
- Under the “Search” option, enter “340228” (the CEE scholarship fund code) and click “Search.”
- “Civil and Environmental Engineering Scholarship Fund – 11340228” will pop up; click the “Select” button.
- In the prompt that appears, enter the amount of your gift and click “Add.”
- Once this is completed, click “Continue” on right side of the page to enter payment information. On the payment page, indicate whether you would like your gift to be one-time or recurring (options for recurring gifts are monthly, quarterly or yearly).
- Under the Additional Instructions box at the bottom, please enter: “Gift should go toward the YED scholarship fund.”
- Once all required fields have been completed, click “Continue” to process your gift.
Thank you for supporting the YED scholarship fund! The YED Scholarship Committee anticipates that scholarships will be awarded in $1,000 increments. Throughout the year, the committee will provide updates on the total value of gifts received as well as details on scholarships awarded via the YED Newsletter.
Alumni & Corporate Relations Contact
The CEE Office of Advancement is here to serve CEE at Illinois alumni and friends. We welcome your input and look forward to hearing from you!
For Corporate relations, e-mail is the most reliable contact method and will result in the quickest response.