Microscopic-scale observations simplify how scientists describe fault behavior
In a new study, researchers show how this simplification may lead to better earthquake prediction.
Driving electric vehicles forward in US, Illinois
Assistant professor Eleftheria Kontou focuses on transport electrification to help meet greenhouse gas emission goals.
Why Choose CEE at Illinois?
Widely known for its friendly, welcoming atmosphere, CEE at Illinois is where you go to learn, study and conduct leading research in civil and environmental engineering. A top-ranked program with distinguished faculty, CEE at Illinois prepares students to tackle some of society's biggest challenges:
- Ensuring clean air, safe drinking water and sanitation;
- Addressing our changing environment;
- Protecting the population from natural and man-made hazards;
- Designing a sustainable infrastructure that serves everyone;
- Reimagining human and commodity traffic for an automated future;
- And, of course, designing and constructing the world’s tallest buildings and most iconic bridges
U.S. NEWS AND WORLD REPORT RANKINGS
U P C O M I N G E V E N T S
1310 Yeh Center, Newmark Lab
CEE at Illinois hosts several research conferences throughout the year, bringing together scientists, academics, industry professionals and policy makers together for learning, collaboration and networking.
Facts + Rankings
CEE at Illinois undergraduate and graduate programs are consistently ranked among the best in the nation. See our current rankings and other stats about our top department.