For more information
- Ph.D., Geological Engineering, University of Wisconsin - Madison, 2002
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Connecticut, 1996
- B.S., Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, Tamkang University, Taiwan, 1993
- Principal Research Hydrogeologist, Illinois State Geological Survey
- Director, Illinois Water Resources Center
- Clinical Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Research Professor, Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences
- Board of Directors, At-Large Representative, 2020-2023, National Institutes for Water Resources
- Management Board, member, since 2019, Hydrogeology Division, Geological Society of America
- Executive Editor, since 2017, Groundwater, National Ground Water Association
- Delegate, Since 2013, the Universities Council on Water Resources (UCOWR)
- Representative, since 2011, Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc. (CUAHSI) established by U.S. National Science Foundation
- Groundwater and geothermal resources
- Groundwater and surface water interactions
- Fiber-optic distributed temperature sensing (FO-DTS)
- Groundwater and public health connections
Selected Articles in Journals
- Fellow, 2018, Geological Society of America, Boulder, CO, USA.
- Distinguished Alumni Award, 2013, Department of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, Tamkang University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Faculty Fellow, 2006, National Center for Supercomputing Applications, Urbana, IL, USA.