Environmental Engineering and Sustainability camp returns for 2019
Above: last year, campers roasted marshmallows and learned how to measure cookstove particle emissions.
The CEE Environmental Engineering and Sustainability camp (formerly known as G.A.M.E.S.), part of the Illinois Engineering Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering Program, will take place July 21 – 27, 2019. It is a residential one-week camp for rising 10th to 12th grade girls.
Through a series of team activities, lab exercises, field trips and role-playing, campers learn about designing sustainable technological solutions for critical environmental and energy challenges of the 21st Century and about studying and careers in civil and environmental engineering.
- Sustainability: how the environment, culture, society, and economics are all linked and how this relates to engineering
- Environmental pollutants and their biogeochemical cycles through air, water and soil
- Air quality
- Climate change
- Renewable energy sources and energy efficiency
- Water resources and clean water technologies
- Water footprints of food production
More information and application link visit https://wyse.engineering.illinois.edu/summer-camps/environmental-sustainability-women/. Registration closes March 1, 2019.